Butyl sheets stand out for their excellent impermeability against gases. This feature, together with their flexibility and resistance to weathering, makes them a common rubber in many industrial applications.
Butyl sheet is also essential for joints and protections in those chemical industries where there are high concentrations of mineral acids and alkalis such as phosphate plants, fertilizers, caustic soda, etc.
- With reinforcement a high breaking point can be achieved.
- Low air permeability.
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and ozone, heat and waterproofing gases.
- Very low resilience, which provides a high shock absorbing capacity or non-sustained vibrations.
- Moderate resistance to abrasion and compression set.
- Chemical resistance: resistant to most inorganic chemicals. Limited to oxidants but highly resistant to mineral acids and alkalis.
Temperature range: between -45ºC and 130ºC, and even higher, with suitable formulations.