Chloroprene sheets are used to make insulating joints and coatings which protect those area which come into contact with oils and other chemical products. It can even be used outdoors as it is resistant to changes in temperature, the action of ozone and adverse weather.
- Good mechanical and abrasion properties.
- Acceptable resistance in vulcanizates with a hardness from 60º Shore A.
- Presents good resistance to temperature and ozone.
- Self-extinguishing chloroprene sheets are available.
- Good adhesion to metal.
- Chemical resistance; resistant to inorganic chemicals except oxidizing acids and halogens.
- It does not resist most organic compounds, except alcohols. Moderate resistance to aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Between -25º and 100ºC.