The silicone plate is physiologically inert which has led to a wide variety of applications in the field of medicine.
In addition, it remains stable in extreme environments; its operative properties remain unchanged over a wide temperature range, which makes it useful in a wide variety of industrial applications such as automotive, electronics or lighting sectors.
- Excellent resistance to temperature (dry air).
- Absolutely unaltered by ozone, weather and ultraviolet radiation.
- Considered good electrical insulators.
- Silicone sheets have comparatively low mechanical properties, breaking load, elongation and tear, although they do stay constant even at high temperatures. However, it is not advisable to subject them to pressurized steam.
- Moderate resistance to chemical products in general, although acids and bases degrade it noticeably, as well as chlorinated hydrocarbons, esters, ketones, etc.
- Food grade. FDA and CE1935/2004 compliant.
Resists 200º continuously and 220ºC intermittently. Maintains flexibility at low temperatures, down to -70ºC.
If you can't find what you are looking for, you aren't sure of which product is the best suited for your needs or require advice, CONTACT US.