Polypropylene (PP or PPR) is a thermoplastic and partially crystalline polymer. It is used in a wide variety of applications which include packaging for food, fabrics, laboratory equipment, automotive components and cling film.
It has excellent resistance to various chemical solvents, such as alkalis and acids.
It has a greater hardness and thermal resistance than high-density polyethylene, but a lower resistance to impact and abrasion.
It has excellent mechanical properties and may be soldered by welding and contact.
Approved for food use. Low resistance to UV rays.
At Industria de la Goma we have polypropylene in sheet and bar format.
- Highly resistant to many chemical solvents.
- Higher hardness and thermal resistance than high density polyethylene, but lower impact and abrasion resistance.
- Outstanding mechanical properties.
- Can be welded by contact or addition.
- Approved for food use. Low resistance to UV rays.
0ºC + 110ºC