Viton® sheets are highly appreciated in the most demanding industrial applications due to their resistance to hydrocarbons, acids, alkalis and even oxidants as well as being able to withstand temperatures of up to 250ºC without losing their mechanical properties.
There are several types of Viton® sheets which are optimized according to their final use. They are particular popular in heavy industries such as refineries, oil, steel mills or chemical plants but also in industries with special requirements such as the food industry.
- Extraordinary resistance to temperature.
- It is self-extinguishing.
- It has excellent resistance to ozone and weathering.
- Excellent residual deformation when compressed at high temperatures.
- Chemical resistance; They are the most resistant synthetic rubbers to hydrocarbons, both aliphatic and aromatic and chlorinated.
- Excellent resistance to acids and alkalis, including oxidants.
- Weak resistance to esters and ketones.
Resistant to continued exposure of up to 250ºC and intermittently up to 300ºC.
Satisfactory cold resistance (-30ºC / -50ºC) in certain types of special formulations.